Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Let the Right One In" Director Talks Swedish Vampires, Child Actors and the American Remake

Since starting up The Vault of Horror, I've discovered that most of the best horror films today are being made outside the United States. And one of the foreign fright flicks I've championed is Sweden's Let the Right One In, a tale of a shy young boy who befriends the little vampire girl next door. Today, ShockTillYouDrop has an exclusive interview with the movie's director Tomas Alfredson, and I suggest you check it out.

Happily, Let the Right One In is getting a limited American release starting next weekend, well before the inevitable English-language remake next year. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be anywhere near me, so I may have to seek out... other means. I haven't been this pumped to see a new horror movie since [Rec].